How our guests and team will stay safe at GupShup
We are so glad to be open! We have missed our restaurant being full of people enjoying great food and engaging conversation!
We have been working non-stop to ensure our restaurant is a safe and welcoming environment with as few changes as possible so our guests can relax and enjoy their dining experience. We have put in place all the the safety measures you’d expect from our high standards, to keep you and our team safe during this time.
Please read below on what you can expect when you dine with us, we hope you have a lovely time when you come and we thank you for returning and supporting us.
Raj and Sheetal Somaiya, Owners, Gupshup
- You must book in advance to dine.
- Party sizes limited to 8.
- Please follow government guidance on who can dine together.
- Please arrive promptly at your booking time – we’re staggering bookings to avoid guests waiting in the entrance.
SAFE, CLEAN RESTAURANTS
- Please sanitise your hands – free sanitisers are located at the entrance and by the toilets for you to use throughout your visit.
- Tables are 1m+ apart, in line with government guidance.
- All high usage surfaces (such as door handles and toilets) will be sanitised every 30 minutes.
- Our bar area will not be open – it’s table-service only.
YOUR DINING EXPERIENCE
- Our host will explain our one-way system and how to use WC . We won’t be able to offer to take your jackets – please use the backs of your chairs.
- You’ll each be given your own sanitised cutlery, crockery, glassware, plus a table salt & pepper pot, along with a disposable menu. We’ll make sure the paper menu is recycled.
- We’re only accepting card payments. Please use contactless where possible but if not possible, we sanitise the machines before and after each use.
- If there is anything you would like to feedback to us about your GupShup experience please let us know either on the evening or drop us an email.
- All team members are health and temperature screened every day.
- We’re working in ‘shift families’ to minimise contact.
- Kitchen teams will wear masks.
- Front of house will not wear masks, but will follow social distancing measures.
- Everyone has been informed about the safest ways to travel to work.
- No team members will travel to or from work in their uniform. They will arrive and leave in clean clothes each day and will also change their shoes before and after their shifts.